Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let's Talk MV In Ivan's Way


One day I saw my friend shared a video in Facebook.




Many people must be thinking "wow, fat people running ah, so funny le"

But for me what attracted me was not the fat man running, but the music. I commented my friend's link asking whats the name of the song and seem no one was able to answer my question. So after few days of searching and digging on the cyberworld... FINALLY I found it !




It was a song from Nujabes, a Japanese rapper and the song name is Luv (sic) part 2 (weird name, ha!). The full music video was just a few peoples in a very weird expression and "disoriented" and the most interesting part is the whole video was shot in slow motion. The camera they used was a high speed camera, around 1000 frame per second.

Personally for me I think this might be the best music video I ever watched. Although the video is simple, nothing special, but it is creative and you can feel the song from the video. Compared to other music video it is incomparable.

A typical U.S and U.K type of music videos are all about sexy chick dancing (for most of the rapping song like 50 cent, Snoop Dogg ), rocking videos where all the band members playing their instrument there and also abit of loving here and there (almost all the band la). These kinda of videos are the majority type and of course they came out something quite creative and impressed me as well.

A typical Chinese or Taiwanese in more specifically and easy to be categorized compared to English music videos, their videos almost the same for like 10 years? Well I can name a few typical video from Chinese music industry as example:

eg 1.
The video is about the main character love this girl, and this girl also fall in love with the main character also. But when they start coupling, then the 3rd party came in and the video was love here love there, the characters in the video crying here crying there and in the end die here and die there. Its like watching the whole drama in just 5 minutes.

eg 2.
Type 2 of video is bunch or group of handsome guys or pretty girls who have a very fancy name like Fahrenxxxx or S.x.x or Super xxxxxx. Their video are typical dancing around, singing here and there.

eg 3.
Type 3 are the worse, imagine you enjoying the music video half way suddenly a drama slotted in telling the story for awhile then continue to sing again. Then sing awhile and then another short drama slotted in. So in the end a simple 5 minutes song will eventually become a short movie for around 8 to 10 minutes.

YES !! is very obvious I giving out bad comments those Chinese videos and abit of English videos and their music as well with my big mouth canon. I know some of you will hate me for comment at their beloved artist but what I said are based on my observation and my own opinion. By the way some Chinese song do have some great music video, just consider very rare.

In the end I hope this post will entertain you and for my haters, hope this post make you even more hating me... PEACE !!!

No comments: