Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Feet !!!

As you know I got a very serious case of flat feet. For those who don't know what is flat feet, here the explanation.

Flat feet a.k.a fallen arches is an formal reference to a medical condition in which the arch of the foot collapses, with the entire sole of the foot coming into complete or near-complete contact with the ground. (adopted from Wikipedia)


I will leave such an interesting footprint when I walk on the sandy beach with these feet



I have no arches in both of my feet


My condition was so serious that it already affect not only my feet, but my ankle, knee, pelvis and almost half of my backbone. Actually it shouldn't be that serious, but due to my constant over use my body while I played basketball during secondary school time, it cause me in such condition.


See how my toe bend


I'd seen many doctors and professionals, most of them ask me to get a custom made shoe or buy the artificial arch that can fit on my shoes. I don't want the custom made shoe because the design basically is not that nice. So first I choose to wear the artificial arch.

One of the doctor suggest me to get a custom made in-sole from Foot Solution. They measuring your whole feet and custom made just the in-sole that only fit yourself according to your feet. In first I don't wanna try that because you know the price to make a custom made product. The custom made in-sole was so expensive.

Then after awhile my dad also face some feet problem (not flat feet) and he decided to get a custom made in-sole from Foot Solution. So we both decided to get one of those. After some consultancy and some measuring on a weird looking machine, after 1 week our very own custom made in-sole is here.





This is my, the big size 9 in-sole.


It feel kinda comfy when I wore it and have a walk in the shop. I never feel that I walk so "normal" since I never walk in a correct posture since I was young. I felt a lot stable and balance while I walking and the in-sole added additional 1 inch tall. YES the in-sole is 1 inch thick.



Since I got no arches on my feet, so my in-sole will have a very high arch





It stated there custom milled


I do hope this in-sole will help me get a better walking position and eventually cure all my bone problem. But this in-sole will not cure my flat feet permanently. The only solution might just be operation.

No comments: