Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monster Graphic Card


I was doing house keeping for my PC yesterday, and I found some photos of my new graphic card that I bought few months ago. I shot these photos for blog but end up I totally forget bout it =.='

Few months ago me and my little brother decided to upgrade our PC to next level by upgrading our graphic card. Only this time I asked him to do the research instead of me because I no longer that addicted to PC games anymore, so any graphic card better than my Asus 512MB 8500 GT will do.

So after few days, my brother told me he make the order already. And when to gear arrived, I was kinda shocked. It was Gigabyte GTX 260 Super Overclock !! This "monster" running on the nVidia GTX 260 chipset with 896MB DDR3 RAM, full HD, HDMI and it can combine with 2 or more same graphic cards and run it together for better performance if you have enough space in your casing.

Of course from the words overclock mean it can be overclock for better performance. Those who don't know what the heck is "overclock", do Google it because I don't want end up a very long post and also being scold for not talking "human language"...






The term "monster" I used to describe this graphic card not only due to its performance and cost, it also describe the graphic card's size.... A normal graphic card is a size of an adult palm or slightly bigger than that. But this "monster" is twice the size of a normal graphic card and twice the thickness as well.



Look at the size of this "monster", twice the length and thickness of my old Asus 512MB 8500 GT





It barely fit my casing, I need to move my second hard disk and rearrange all the wire to make it just fit, JUST FIT only ~~!!


YES of course I was too excited to install but end up too excited and I forgot to read the manual. So after I installed this "monster" to my PC, I can on my PC as usual, but when I run a game with all the highest video setting, poof ~~! my PC off by itself. From the first sign of judgment, I know the power is not enough to run it.

I flip the manual, and guess what, this "monster" is a electric SUCKER ~! It need at least 550watt to run this "monster" and my current power supply only pump 220watt of power only. So what to do, have to upgrade the power supply as well lo.

I ordered 2 Cooler Master Extreme Power Duo 600watt power supply for me and my brother and in the end we manage to enjoy great graphic games like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Bioshock 2 with the highest video setting. woohoo~~!!



Cooler Master Extreme Power Duo 600watt


But every joy will comes with pain, on this time upgrade, me and my brother spent almost 1k EACH on these gadget. Thats the price we paid for good gaming experience, but does it worth ? definitely YES !!

By the way, I'm selling off my old Asus 512MB 8500 GT and iCute 220watt power supply, anyone interested do leave me a message and I will give you a good price, heee...

2 comments:

[nD] a.k.a Andy said...

Wa..gtx260 need 1k ke?

Ivan Chung said...

Including the power supply lo.. the graphic card selling 799 at lowyat.. haha