Thursday, March 18, 2010

Launching of the 8th Edition Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary

Before I get into the topic, let me apologies for not uploading my blog for quite a time, I was busy for some events and some personal stuff, and I felt tire and bit lazy to blog after my working day and even weekend. Besides that, I will try to update the event I been gone through, and this is the first one, the launch of the 8th Edition Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, OALD in short.

Last week Thursday I went for the launching of OALD happened at the residence of British High Commission Kuala Lumpur. It is the first launching event I ever done and I was the photographer and helpers for my company during that event.





Actually not much for saying, just some VIPs, media, guest, student, mountain of dictionary and loads of photos...


I never see a dictionary been arrange this nice before


During the event, almost every guest is given a FREE copy of this dictionary which cost RM 89.90 with the CD that contain the software version of OALD and some cool feature where I thought it suit me very much. And YES, I DO have a copy for free too.. hahaha


Actually the cover is quite nice, look very pro


Other than shooting photos, I also the designer for this event backdrop. I been working this out for almost 1 week because there are many editing here and there, but in the end the result was fantastic, and I never done something this big before (I think)


1 week of hard work, it may look simple, but trust me, it is not when doing it


And another thing that I quite happy is my photos shot during this event is publish in newspaper and some online news website.




From New Strait Times, both online version and printed version


British High Commissioner Boyd McCleary is blowing the vuvuzela



From MalaysianToday (http://www.malaysiantoday.com.my/node/1347)






From Marketing Interactive (http://www.marketing-interactive.com/news/18333)


N. Sharmini (Right), the Managing Director of Oxford Fajar handling the OALD to British High Commissioner Boyd McCleary


Well after all the former ceremony, one of the content editor is presenting the new feature of the 8th OALD, then after that we went back to office.



No comments: