Friday, March 5, 2010

Intern-ing

Ok, for those who don't know my current status as in am I still studying, or am I working now.. well here a conclusive answer for all my friends, please do pass the message around to your other friend who know me, thx...

Well actually this is the first post ever I blog about my internship. And some of you... YEAH !! YOU... who really wana know what am I do during internship, here you are....

I currently work in a PR agency located "no far" from my house (Klang) and the company name is Go Communications. It is a small company but have loads of clients, and some of their client are BIG !!

How much I get pay? Well since I'm just an intern, my paid was not high, RM X00 only. cheap slavery..? (joking lah ! I enjoyed working here)

What is my job in the office? good question.. is time to let you all know what the heck exactly my job in the company. Well my job are:
  • compiling the media contact list and always keep it update
  • calling media to do confirmation of releases and invitation we sent all the time
  • research on latest media and also new media like blogs, podcast and so on
  • photographer, a good chance for me to introduce to event photographing
  • a bit of designing? recently working on a backdrop for a product launching which will be happening soon
  • IT support? fuiyooo, sound expert le... NO la, I just apply some of my IT knowledge and share with my colleague and try helping them over come some IT problem and sometime they also share something that I don't know too

I always thinking and thinking during office hour


Discover some interesting stuff around the office, like this, a Go Communications brand's pendrive



Received my first package ever by a very good and nice media, what exactly inside??

Magazines, actually I just request for rate cards, but she so kind, send me 3 copies of the magazine and offer a presentation to me. I like her !!! (the attitude la !!)


And talk bout media, I discovered few thing on Malaysian media's attitude. I hate certain media cause they are so bloody freaking no manner and rude. Example of a conversation between me and a newspaper editor:

me: Hi good morning, am I speaking to Mr. XXX
XXX: YA !
me: My name is Ivan, from GO Communications, may I know you in charge for the upcoming MATTA fair supplement for XXX newspaper?
XXX: YA !
me: Well may I know when is the deadline for the supplement?
XXX: YOU just send over LA ~~!! "clup" (he slam the phone)
me: ...... -.-' cheebye !! ( p/s: didn't relly said it out laa)


another example:

Reception: Heaaalowww, XXXXX XXX XXX POH (with slow slumbering tone)
me: Hai, may I speak to Mr. XXX ?
Reception: .... (tuuu, she direct link me to the person I wana speak with without saying anything)

tuuuuuu, tuuuuuu, tuuuuuu.....

Reception: Aiii think he is not here laaa "clup" (here tone getting more and more slumber)
me: .... -.-'

Ok, I not so angry with her, but I wondering izzit the newspaper office infested by zombie? she sound like zombie !!

Overall, I like my job because basically...

This is my JOB ~~!!

Well basically that my current situation, I hope to discover more n more funny things to post in my blog. And I hope you guys enjoy this post. You can share you working or intern experience or leave me a comment if you like or don't like this post. You can also chat with me on the Chat Box at the side bar, I will reply you ASAP....

Cheers ~~!!


No comments: