Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kenny Roger's Roaster Scholarship

Last Thursday I went to Berjaya University College of Hospitality (BUCH) and photographing the launch of Kenny Roger's Scholarship that located at the 14th floor inside Berjaya Times Square building.

This was the first time I visit BUCH and it doesn't look like a college for me. It is looks more like a hotel with high class restaurant that run by student. YES, STUDENT !! The student all are under courses related to hospitality such as hotel management, culinary, restaurant management and more.

They all look smart in the chef like uniform, walking in the lobby of the college, but instead call it as a college, I rather call it as a high class hotel. By the way, sorry for didn't really manage to show you guys the photos on their lobby because I didn't shoot it, I'd only shot the hall way I walked to the restaurant.





Enough for BUCH, back to my topic. Kenny Roger's Scholarship, they sponsoring RM 100,000 for all the student who taking hospitality related course. So who studying hospitality now, you guys can apply, if I not mistaken, it will sponsoring 4 person each time this scholarship open for application.

Well, just like normal launching, we invite media, guest and of cause VIPs, but what new for me was the launch was done in a fine dining restaurant.



The Samplings on the Fourteen fine dining restaurant, that run by the students from




After some prep, peoples from media, guest, Kenny Roger's supplier, staff from Kenny Roger's and BUCH and more were started to fill the restaurant.





When all the guest and VIPs reached, then the launching begins... Its a simple launching like those typical launch events. Introduction, VIPs speeches, formal launch ceremony and photo opportunities.


The Chicken mascot from Kenny Roger's






This photo appear on the media, the Sinar Harian newspaper on 22th March.



After all the ceremony done, we all were seated to have our Kenny Roger's Roaster quarter chicken set and muffin. After the main course, then they (the students) serving us the dessert and some tea and coffee.


The strawberry dessert, I have no idea what this dessert named but I only know it tasted GOOD !




After the launching and lunch, I was quite free to shoot photos and walk around and I discovered this while I found my way to the washroom...




Potted plant and a painting I found in the lift lobby


Although this is not the first time I done a launching event, but this launch "teach" me some new experience that totally different from the previous launch event I done. Shot quite a number of photos and post-production all the photos straight after I reached the office in the same day cause need to send to the media.

(p/s: the photos in this post might low in quality because I was testing somethings here)




No comments: