Friday, May 21, 2010

Langkawi Day 2


Day 2... I woke up kinda early around 6.45am. After took my bath and prepare all the gears for today activities: Cable car, skybridge, and 7 wells water fall.

After we had our breakfast buffet, we head to the cable car station where located same with oriental village and skybridge. The oriental village was not as nice compared to my first visit 6 years ago. But it still an attraction point of Langkawi and sell lots of souvenir.



one of the building in oriental village

So we pay the cable car ticket for cable car and queue up (everyone would like to visit the famous skybridge and the cable car was the only way to reach there, no wonder it was "jammed" la..) . It was a very long queue but it moved kinda fast to reach our turn to ride the cable car.





While waiting for the queue, I took a few shots of my friends and some other nice things.


everyone smiling and showed their teeth


it kinda hot at the station, luckily I brought my fans


I believed she is a model

After awhile its our turn to ride the cable car. I rided a cable car before at Genting so I believe the feeling is almost the same with Genting. The only different was the fascinating view.


finally !


the car that dangling on the cable...


me, thx to Chee Teng & Chris camera for this shot


look at the view !!

There was a middle station between our journey to skybridge. The middle station served as a resting point by selling food, drinks, as well as providing toilet for those who felt uneasy on high altitude and wanna puke, ha !!

We took a few shots in the middle station and I discovered them... lovely mother and her daughter.


both are so prety


and I like the little girl's eye so much, her eye was like telling me :" wei, shoot what wo, never see a leng lui before ah.." (joke)


yeah, we were 700 meters above sea level


me, Li Yeh and Chong

After some rest in the middle station, we queue again for the next cable car to reach our destination, the skybridge


Looks like Pandora from the movie Avatar



nope, this was not the cable car we going to ride but I do very eager to give it a try (but I can't, aiz)


thats our destination, the skybridge

When we reach the last station, it took a few walk to reach the skybridge. The "road" to the skybridge was not easy but still ok for my leg condition and I able to carry my tripod and all my camera gears along to the skybridge. After few minutes walk we finally reach the bridge.

The bridge was not so long was it was shacky when the wind blowed toward the bridge. The bridge was full with visitors and my mind keep imagining the situation when the bridge collapse (stupid mind...make me crazy sometimes)



don't get fooled by the chilling fog, the bridge was kinda hot and I sweat like hell


the fog make the bridge unvisible and bad for the camera man like me, but luckily it only last awhile untill the view turned clear


a group photo there is a must to keep these "adventurous" memory long lasting

After skybridge, we head back down to the oriental village and had KFC as our lunch. And shot some photos along side to the KFC restaurant at Telaga Habour


I not sure what the name for this beach but the view here not bad


took a group shots here


and some crazy jumping shots too


lots of coconut trees too, but I can't see any monkey


spot some buffalos


and cows, my friends were very excited like they never be so close with cow and buffalos


spot a bridal shoot at the KFC restaurant at Telaga Harbour


and their fisherman look camera man, I want his camera and lens !!


me and Chong, photo by Chee Teng & Chris camera

After lunch at KFC, we head to the 7 Wells water fall. I did not bring my camera there so I can'tWe climbed a very long staircase (at least 500 steps) to reach the water fall. But since Langkawi already 1 month didn't rain, so I assume you guys can imagine the water fall situation there. But I still enjoyed there, see peoples doing crazy stuff and a great view over there.

7 Wells was our last destination of the day. After that we head back to our hotel and bath, then we head to the Eagle Square and had our dinner there and took some shots at that place. The photos over there was kinda bad because I forgot to bring my assistant Mr.Tripod and I need a long exposure to capture a good photo. But still I made the photo better without a tripod by "sleep" on the floor and used slow sync flash to capture the moments. show you any shot from the water fall.



The Reflexion


The famous Langkawi eagle, at Eagle Square


I was completely lying down on the floor to make my camera stable


and took many crazy shots there..


the eagle style Kung Fu !!


and the human eagle


the traffic light girl (red, yellow and green)

After that we head back to hotel and continue our drinking night. This time we bought not only beer, but a strong Camino Tequila. No photo while we drinking due to image and impression matter, but what I can say here is that was the best night ever !!




Thats all for my Day 2 post. Stay tune for the 3rd day in Langkawi which also our last day there.

Cheers ~!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the little girl..
i like the reflexion...
i like the cow
ur photo are so nice:)


by bunny woon

Ivan Chung said...

thx thx... juz simply shoot la actually..hahaha..waiting for ur zoo photo..