Monday, May 10, 2010

KL Shoot Out


Last Tuesday I went to KL with Michelle (my coursemate also my photography mate) for photo shoot and accompany Mich to buy her new 50mm f1.8 lens. Since it was a normal week days, so I assumed KL will be quite jammed and not much space for me to park my car...

So..... I took KTM (local train) to KL




KTM was not a "fast" option since I have to sit for 1 hour, pass so many stations just to reach KL sentral. And the seat was kinda dirty and I rather stand than sit. YES I stand for the whole journey to KL sentral.

I took a few shots in the train and this is the best...



But too bad the guy in front look kinda disturbing


After meet up with Mich at KL sentral, then we walk awhile to the Monorail station and make our journey to Plaza Low Yat (most of the IT and camera stuff are gather in that plaza). After we had our lunch and survey for few hour, Mich finally decided and bought her first lens. Me also bought something...



A lens case from Lowepro that cost me RM 79.... In first I thought of getting any pouch from cheap brand that fit my 55-250mm lens but after few days searching I still can't find any. So I have to get this one. It burn a hole in my pocket but I quite satisfy with its quality.

After we done our shopping, straight we start our shooting. We walk quite long and visited many places around that area include Pavillion. Here are the photos from my camera:



A abstract photo from the big pole of Times Square building



Forgot what building it is but I like its design



If this photo was shot with a wide angle lens, the effect will be more facinating



I named this "Building in a Building"



I named this "Bulding that colored with sky"



The KL Tower. Too bad that day the air was kinda foggy that make the KL Tower abit blur



KL Tower shot from the alley



The Yellow Rectangle



The Blue Spring



The "model"



The sun still shinning bright although it covered by cloud



The Road


By the way, let me introduce my friend


This is Michelle



A photography hobbyist



This is our first photographing trip together. She got a very "live" style photography instead a "dead" style photography, like my stlye is a "dead" style



I enjoy shooting photo with her. Actually this is the first time I ever go photo shooting with my friend


After few hour we exploring the KL city, suddenly Mich said her camera got a bug on the viewfinder. So I take off the lens of her camera and used a blower, hopefully I manage to blow it off. But who knows the bug was very deep inside the camera and I had make it worse by blowing more dust deep in the viewfinder. I felt so guilty.

We went to Canon shop inside Pavillion, hope they can help her to clean it. But the staffs there said Mich have to send the camera to Canon service center at Shah Alam. They can't do anything. I felt more guilty and down. But Mich still continue shooting inside Pavillion. I knew she felt upset but she still smilling at me and continue shooting at Harvey Norman.





The miniature cafe inside Harvey Norman shop



And Mich still shooting with a big inside her camera


And we were so lucky we saw a beautiful cute sweet girl who was one of the finalist of Miss Universe. There are other finalist there but this is the best one, her name is Zoe Lee and she just a student from Business Management. Too bad I can't get a clear shot of her.


She was the only one friendly enough to smile at us. The other finalist look so ignorance and pretend to be "high class"


Ok, basically thats all for my KL trip. We went home after visit to Pavillion because we want to avoid the crowd at 5pm. And this is the last photo I shot


The Red Flower


Hope you guys enjoy this post. And for you information, I will off to Langkawi for few days to take a vacation before my new sem start. Will try to update more in my blog after I back.

Cheers !!





2 comments:

Michelle Leong said...

such a great moment even though sumthg bad happened to my camera...
tell u wat, now the bug is gone from my view finder wor! duno where it goes XD *small matter* dun worry! ;)

oh btw, it's really hard to get used with 50mm lens... hard to do focus n aperature thingy...

and how do u know da Miss Universe finalist's name is Zoe? U so desperately missing her meh..XD
student from which Uni??

Ivan Chung said...

the lens u hav to focus abit further... too close it cannot focus.. and the aperture is depand how u wan the background blur.. f1.8 is the max u can open the aperture... ofcuz the background will be the most blur...

i go google "miss universe malaysia finalist 2010".. then got her pic inside..haha ...i not sure which U she from la..haha