Friday, November 7, 2008

Learning the SLR

I like shooting photo, but my desire on the photo not tat high, juz a normal digital camera will do the job.. But after came back from Hong Kong, I knew I made a very wrong decision.. I should buy a SLR camera...My father got brought up this topic before my Hong Kong trip after he saw the photos of Hong Kong and Macau shot by my brother and his wife with a semi pro camera and he was very impressed. He asked me whether wana get one to use in Hong Kong, but I said NO....So I bring the Sony T200 to Hong Kong, after shooting the Hong Kong Night view with it, I was so regret..! The photos I shot is full of noise, and was very dark.. Night mode even made the photo look worse...

So after surveying so many brand, including Canon, Sony, Nikon and Olympus, at last I bought a Canon EOS 1000D SLR camera (2k only la, still noob, not dare to buy too expensive) and start to read its manual and test shooting with it in different. Since I was a noob in Digital SLR, so many thing I still cant cope with it, I very slow in deciding how much ISO, shuttle speed and exposure I should use in different kind of situation..arggg !! so complicated and confusing.. besides my bro's wife got share some opinion with me, I also hope someone out there can share your opinion in my blog's chat box..

Ok, I will post some photos i shot with my new camera, to those pro in SLR, do giv some comment in my chat box..hehe



I called this photo as " The Lonely Woody", dun ask me why, cuz I juz felt he is lonely



My working place when I go back to my hometown





Flowers at my garden using macro mode



My hamster, it actually got few iron bar between the hamster and the camera, but the adjustment of the camera made the iron bar disappear



Morning at my study place, Tarvilla apartment



This is my master piece so far, the Wangsa Maju night view from my apartment, with low ISO and 30 seconds shuttle speed



Black n White mode



Candle light



My working place in KL



My house in KL

















Using slow shuttle speed (30 seconds), can create this effect



Trying to write my name using the same effect, but seem I had fail


Ok, thats all for this post, I hope I can post more nicer photos in the future after I manage to fully understand the SLR camera, thx for reading my blog, hav a nice day...

No comments: